Best free WordPress Broken Link Checker plugin. Today, I would recommend another free plugin for WordPress. The mechanism is simple but very necessary – checking the links you provided on Yours website.
When You gave a link to a post that no longer exists (on Your website or on the any website) – This plugin tells you about it. You can easily change the link.
This WordPress Plugin shows its power when you move your entire website. Hundreds of articles, hundreds or even thousands of links on a completely new domain. Imagine your internal links (outgoing links to other websites will be good). From the administration of this plugin, you can easily all change on the proper link. On each of my new website, I immediately install this plugin. So far I had no any problems with this plugin. With a clear conscience, I recommend this WordPress plugin to you.
Notes: There are plugins for migrating a WordPress page to a new domain. Then you do not have to change links (this is done automatically). Unfortunately – the plugins I used were limited (the size of the entire page could not exceed 1GB). There are paid options. But I’m always looking for different free solutions.
Best free WordPress Broken Link Checker plugin
This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.